- Increase Penalties for Violent Crime
- Safer Neighborhoods for ALL
- 100% Youth Employment
Implement a trauma-informed approach
- Advocate for regular trauma-informed training for community leaders and members of law enforcement to understand and address the impact of trauma on our youth. I will propose collaboration with the Department of Behavioral Health to provide a robust program for families East of the River.
Ward 7 Public Safety Cabinet
- Create a public safety cabinet that includes representatives from law enforcement, civic organizations, and community members to collaboratively address public safety issues. I will also create a youth public safety cabinet from the leaders of Student Government Associations at Ward 7 schools.
- Promote community policing initiatives that build trust and collaboration between law enforcement and residents.
Youth Programs and Activities
- Advocate for increased funding for rec centers with extended hours
- Advocate for the expansion of programs that provide positive and enriching activities for our youth that connect them with positive role models and valuable guidance.